The Arts Center Building
Erected in the early 1900’s, PRO’s building located at 68
South Main Street in Phillipsburg, New Jersey was used as a freight
building.The building was oriented
towards the railroad tracks located just behind the building.
Around 1930, the building had two uses:the basement level and street level became
the Phillipsburg Post Office and the top floor was used by the Knights of
Pythias, an international fraternal order.
In the 1950’s the Post Office relocated to a new building
(its present location on Rt. 22 in Phillipsburg) and a pharmaceutical company,
JT Baker, occupied the building.
In 1989, PRO purchased the building from its owner, Mr. Schick
and the building became the headquarters for PRO and home to numerous Programs
sponsored by PRO.